Friday, September 04, 2009

Kansas River Run

Went for another run at Mill Creek but only got in under 3 miles. Although people were sporadically playing at the park, I was mostly alone on the trail and it just felt unsafe.

I do enjoy this area although it's paved. I wish I could run here for my weekday runs just to have a nice view and some shade. I just don't think it's smart to come out here alone. Running past the Kansas River it's very secluded and all I could think about was not wanting to end up a body floating in it.

Anyhow, this time I went North on the trail instead of South. The trail loops a couple times along the Kansas River (a.k.a. The Kaw - a nickname relating to the Kanza Indians who used to live here). It was a beautiful view. A cool breeze swept off the water and made for a pleasant run through the dense trees. Lots of flowers are still blooming as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment