Monday, October 05, 2009

How To Train in a New Heart Rate Zone

Ummm.

The things you see on your daily run in suburbia.

Today I was minding my own business, running the along most boring side walk in a neighborhood near mine. As I was coming up the hill, I saw a guy standing in the middle of the side walk facing the houses on the opposite side of the street. He set up, drew up his arms, which held an archery long bow and arrow and was shooting these across the street, across the opposing yard and into his fence!

I couldn't believe how serious the bow and arrow looked. It freaked me out actually. I dawned on me why the Indians used it - it's so fast and effective! It just sinks right into the target with smoothness. As I passed by him I got a chill. I don't know why - he wasn't unfriendly. He didn't say anything and did pause his shooting but I just felt...... a little scared. He could totally turn on me in a second and take me out with that thing! It might as well have been someone shooting a gun in the street.

Maybe I'm over -dramatic but I felt uncomfortable about it. It also seemed a little unsafe. What if an animal or kid came into his yard or was playing beyond his fence and he couldn't see them? What if he accidentally aimed wildly? He should take it out to a field in my opinion.

Anyway, that definitely took my run out of boredom and into a new heart rate zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment