Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Current Inspiration: John Muir



"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in."

"The mountains are calling and I must go.


"The power of imagination makes us infinite."

"Few are altogether deaf to the preaching of pine trees. "

"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play."

"Only by going alone in silence, without baggage, can one truly get into the heart of
the wilderness. All other travel is mere dust and hotels and baggage and chatter."
-John Muir





2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:00 AM

    Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Muir is the man! Wish he was alive so I could give him a big ole bear hug! Thanks for sharing the great quotes, perfect for all of my outdoor passions!

    ReplyDelete