Thursday, August 20, 2009

2 Southern Runs

This week I ran my last two runs in Alabama. I am moving back home to Kansas. It will be good to be near my family but sad to be leaving my southern home - very sad. I loved the weather, the forest trails, the base, and my friends here but that season is over. Change is upon me.
I like this picture of a plank "bridge" some Army maintenance unit put up over the dry ditch.. Seemed like a metaphor for this run where each footfall leaves behind Alabama and the next step brought me closer to new paths.

I ran twice for only about 2 miles each time. I had gotten some blood blisters on my feet (Doctor's office procedure) and couldn't do much more without irritating them. I have also been recovering from ITB which cropped up on my last 14 mile run.

One thing I love about the trail at Parcours Lake is that the bikers trek new, narrow paths all the time. It's an opportunity for a little exploration and a change of pace. Since I have my Garmin 405, I can go anywhere. My path, time, and distance is always tracked, allowing me the freedom to go down any new trail. Love it.

There is not much more to say - each run was lovely. My ITB never flared up. I'm cured for now. Check out the following post (below) for pictures of all the mushrooms sprouting on the forest floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment